Massachusetts Medical Malpractice Lawyers and Anesthesia Errors Attorneys of Gilman Law LLP
Anesthesia is a common medication used on patients prior to certain surgical and medical procedures which allow a patient to undergo surgery and other procedures without the distress and pain they may experience otherwise. Medical professionals routinely administer this medication in a hospital setting, in a physician’s office, outpatient center, or a dental office.
This common medication, however, can cause serious injuries when improperly administered. It is estimated that 1 in every 200,000 patients die due to anesthesia complications. These anesthesia errors and injuries are typically the result of professional negligence. Since anesthesia is a medication that affects the central nervous system, anesthesia errors can lead to devastating injuries. If you or a loved one have suffered as a result of an anesthesia errors, you need an experienced Massachusetts anesthesia error lawyer on your side.
Our Massachusetts anesthesia error lawyers are highly experienced in medical malpractice claims and have access to the finest medical experts.
Possible Causes of Anesthesia Errors
The most common anesthesia errors resulting from medical negligence are:
- Dosage error
- Delayed anesthesia delivery or inadequate levels which causes patients to be awake during surgery and/or feel conscious pain
- Failure to incubate properly
- Failure to recognize complications
- Failure to monitor vital signs
- Turning off the alarm on the pulse oximeter
- Improper administration of oxygen during surgery or placement of breathing tubes
- Use of defective equipment
- Prolonged sedation
Injuries Caused by Anethesia Errors
The most common injuries caused by anesthesia errors are:
- Loss of motor function (walking, moving arms/legs)
- Nerve damage
- Tracheal damages
- Asphyxia or lack of oxygen supply
- Cardiovascular injury which may include heart attack or stroke
- Birth defects
- Loss of bodily function
- Brain injury
- Spinal cord injury
Legal Help for Victims of Anesthesia Error
If you or a loved one suffered an injury due to anesthesia error as a result of medical malpractice or negligence, contact the Massachusetts personal injury attorneys of Gilman Law LLP for a free, confidential, no-obligation case evaluation. Our medical malpractice lawyers are ready to help you get the compensation you deserve.