Massachusetts Surgical Error Lawyers
When you undergo surgery, you believe that the surgeons, nurses, anesthesiologists and other professionals in whom you place your trust will follow the careful standards of their professions. Unfortunately, that does not always happen, and far too often surgical errors cause serious, debilitating and disfiguring injuries to many patients. If you were hurt because of a careless or reckless mistake made during surgery, the Massachusetts surgical error lawyers at Gilman Law LLP understand what you’re going through. Not only can we help you hold those responsible accountable, but our compassionate and experienced surgical error lawyers can also ensure you receive all of the compensation needed to fully recover from your injuries.
Surgical Error Lawsuits
For over 30 years, the Massachusetts personal injury attorneys at Gilman Law LLP have helped thousands of medical malpractice victims rebuild their lives. Our surgical error lawyers have represented injured people in cases involving:
- Gastric bypass surgery errors: Infections, hemorrhaging, etc.
- Scalpel slips: Cut nerves, injury of an adjacent organ, etc.
- Improper procedures and techniques: Leaving instruments or sponges in the body, failure to protect neural areas, failure to recognize where laparoscopic surgery is appropriate or inappropriate, etc.
- Wrong surgery: Unnecessary surgery, surgery on the wrong site, etc.
- Improper post-surgery care: Post-surgery infection caused by failure to properly monitor, use of the wrong blood type, etc.
- Anesthesia errors: Too much anesthesia or the wrong anesthesia can have catastrophic results including coma, brain damage, or wrongful death.
- Infections: Lack of care in closing and treating a surgical wound can cause life-threatening infections.
- Improper medical device implant: When a lead from a pacemaker punctures the heart’s wall or when a defibrillator or stent is improperly placed, the patient can face disability or wrongful death.
If you or a loved one were injured in the operating room, you need one of Gilman Law LLP’s highly professional surgical error lawyers by your side, fighting for you. Negotiating alone or waiting until the insurance company makes an offer could put your rights in jeopardy, and cost you valuable time and money. Our highly experienced team of lawyers and medical experts will immediately launch a thorough investigation of your claim to identify those responsible for the surgical error that caused your pain and suffering. With our Massachusetts surgical error lawyers by your side, you stand the best chance of recovering all of the compensation you need to cover your current and future medical expenses, lost wages, emotional distress, and other damages.
Legal Help for Victims of Surgical Errors
Like most states, Massachusetts imposes a strict statute of limitations on medical malpractice lawsuits, including those that involve surgical errors. To increase your odds of obtaining the full compensation the law allows, it’s vital you contact the experienced Massachusetts surgical error lawyers at Gilman Law LLP today. With offices throughout Massachusetts, the personal injury attorneys at Gilman Law LLP are available now to answer all of your legal questions. Please complete our online form or contact Gilman Law LLP at (888) 252-0084 for your free, confidential, no-obligation case evaluation with one of our surgical error attorneys today.